Careers at Ecovative
Who We Are
Ecovative is a diverse group of engineers, scientists, production specialists, and innovators. Our team works hard to create sustainable materials for a brighter future in a fun and dynamic environment. We place significant value on the professional development of our employees and offer a competitive benefits package. Our people are collaborative, creative, and truly passionate.
What Makes Us Ecovative
Working at Ecovative
Join the Team
Are you hardworking, motivated, passionate about the environment and fungi? We're looking for people like you to fill the following positions:
Business Developer / Market ResearcherClick to Expand
Ecovative Design is in search of an experienced Business Developer who through collaboration with our CEO and Program Leads will research, analyze, and capitalize on market opportunities for our structural composites in the interiors and building materials categories. This role will be responsible for finding, qualifying, and activating and supporting partners that would benefit from implementing Ecovative’s material solutions.
Our Business Development position will involve travel to visit prospects and customers, as well as exhibiting at trade events or other viable business opportunity events. Our materials are constantly advancing, and our R&D team is developing new materials with unique characteristics. You will also be responsible with selling prospects on development projects which push the boundaries of what is possible to manufacture today.
Our ideal candidate has these characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a business development role; A minimum of five (5) years’ in lieu of education
- Experience with market research and identifying market fit and viable customers and partnerships
- Creative, and able to translate prospects needs and wants into Ecovative concepts using current manufacturing methods or using processes still under development
- Fundamental understanding of structural materials
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Outgoing personality with strong ability to engage in meaningful one-on-one and group discussions
- Superior organization and follow up skills
- Experience using social media as a sales tool
- A passion for sustainability
- Established professional network preferred
- Background in structural materials, building materials, or construction preferred
- Joint development or negotiating B2B contracts preferred
EEO / AA Employer
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.Apply Today
Finance ManagerClick to Expand
Ecovative is seeking a collaborative, process oriented financial manager to build, implement, and maintain efficient accounting systems and processes to ensure accuracy of the financial information and accountable monitoring of our financial position. This role will perform a variety of financial functions including, AP/AR, payroll, patent asset and depreciation, grant invoicing and monitoring, general ledger, account reconciliation, budgeting, forecasting, financial statement preparation, and purchasing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience performing general accounting duties, including those listed in the above position summary
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years in a supervisory role
- Must have two (2) years in an R&D manufacturing environment
- Must be process oriented and seeking greater workflow and systems efficiencies
- Strong understanding of GAAP principles
- Strong capitalization and depreciation expertise
- Highly organized and precise with ability to collaborate well with team members throughout the organization
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with patents as an asset, including depreciation
- LEAN practices
- Government accounting beyond GAAP, including DCAA experience
- Indirect rate proposal experience
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO / AA EmployerApply Today
How to Apply
Think that you’ll love Ecovative? Are you ready to work for a healthier planet? Tell us more about yourself!
Interested and qualified candidates should download an employment application here. You can either print it and mail it to Ecovative Human Resources with a resume and cover letter, or send everything electronically to Human Resources at email@example.com. We will review your qualifications and contact you if you are a potential match for the position. Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Ecovative Design actively seeks candidates who are female, minority, disabled and/or veterans and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, relationship or association with a member of a protected category covered by the New York Human Rights Law, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.